According to health expert Deepak Chopra, if you want to slow down or even reverse the bio markers of aging (blood pressure, bone density, body temperature regulation, basal metabolic rate, immune function, sugar tolerance, muscle mass, muscle strength, skin thickness [amount of wrinkles] and hormone levels) practice one or more of the following:
1. Practice a mind body exercise such as TAI CHI or yoga. *
2. Change your perception of time; don’t be in a hurry.
3. Get restful sleep.
4. Eat fresh, nutritious food.
5. Take at least two multivitamins with minerals daily.
6. Exercise regularly.
7. Don’t put toxins in your life including: toxic foods, toxic emotions, toxic relationships, toxic environments.
8. Have a flexible attitude to minor hassles.
9. Look at so-called problems as opportunities.
10. Nurture loving relationships.
11. Always have an attitude of curiosity, learning and wonder, and spend time with children.
If you have the attitude that you get better as you grow older in every way – physically, emotionally, spiritually, and socially, then you will age in a much more graceful manner.
Adapted from “Health” by Deepak Chopra